I decided to use Aber Law Firm because of what I saw on Jeremy's blog. I was apparent to me Jeremy had dealt with the issues of creating a Saas agreement that I was struggling with...
Our company was launching a complex software development project and needed assistance in developing agreements that dealt with complex intellectual property issues, consulting arr...
Fast growing software companies need customer agreements that are short, simple, and written in plain English. If you want to eliminate sales objections and make it easier for your...
My partners and I started a new healthcare software company and needed legal help in developing a contract. We needed something simple and straightforward that would still give us ...
I have worked with Jeremy for years, and he truly understands the software industry. His advice is practical and insightful. His approach and experience helps to simplify the compl...
I don't know how he does it, but his contracts are shorter and really simple. This helps us sell more software....
I have not met a lawyer that understands the software business more than Jeremy. He especially understands the delicate art of contracting with large customers and is constantly lo...
Once again, Jeremy Aber did an excellent job. I really appreciate his concept – short, clear, exact agreements. The service is first-class. Even on complex issues, I get super-fa...
Our company has provided software and services to very large law firms for many years, and when we needed a solid SaaS agreement, we were lucky enough to find Jeremy. He not only u...
Attorney – Aber Law Firm, PC (512/551-0338)
- Simplified/Shorter agreements written in Plain English,
- Prompt responses, and
- Practical legal advice.
This is what he strives to provide to his clients each and every day.
Last Book Read:The Business of APIs
- SAAS University, How to Negotiate and Close Enterprise Agreements: 2010 (Dallas, Texas; Washington, DC and Boston, Massachusetts); 2011 (Denver, Colorado); 2012 (Austin, TX).
- Software Industry Conference, How to Negotiate and Close Corporate Software Transactions, July 15-17, 2010, Dallas, Texas
- Law Seminars International, Doing Business Online, September 7-8, 2000, Dallas, Texas
Over 22 Years of Legal Experience
- OpenView Venture Partners (Software/SAAS Venture Capital Firm), General Counsel and Legal Principal
- ScriptLogic Corporation (Windows Software Tools Company), General Counsel and Vice President
- BMC Software (Enterprise Software Company), Senior Legal Counsel – Head of US Licensing/Global Licensing Strategy
- Mayer Brown (Global Law Firm), Corporate and Finance Associate Attorney
- Section of Intellectual Property Law: Software Committee
- Section of Science and Technology Law: Cloud Computing Law Working Group, Internet Relationships and the Cloud Computing Environment Committee, and Open Source Software Committee
- Section of Business Law: Cyberspace Committee and Federation Identity Task Force
University of Houston Law Center, JD 1991
University of Texas at Austin, BBA 1988
Passed all parts of the CPA Exam, May 1988
Software Programmer in High School (he has actually heard of Pascal, BASIC, Fortran, C, C++, Visual Basic, etc.).